|Package | Pins||HTSSOP (PWP) | 20|
|Operating temperature range (℃)||S (-40 to 150)|
|Package qty | Carrier:||
73 | TUBE
- AEC Qualified for Automotive Applications
- Device Temperature Grade 1: −40°C ≤TA ≤ 125°C (LM3421-Q1 and LM3423-Q1)
- Device Temperature Grade 0: −40°C ≤TA ≤ 150°C (LM3421-Q0 andLM3423-Q0)
- VIN Range From 4.5 V to 75 V
- High-Side Adjustable Current Sense
- 2-Ω, 1-A Peak MOSFET Gate Driver
- Input Undervoltage and Output Overvoltage Protection
- PWM and Analog Dimming
- Cycle-by-Cycle Current Limit
- Programmable Switching Frequency
- Zero Current Shutdown and Thermal Shutdown
- LED Output Status Flag (LM3423-Q1 and LM3423-Q0 Only)
- Fault Status Flag and Timer(LM3423-Q1 and LM3423-Q0 Only)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
The LM3421-Q1 and LM3423-Q1 family of devices areversatile high voltage N-channel MOSFET controllers for LED drivers. They can be easily configuredin buck, boost, buck-boost and SEPIC topologies. This flexibility, along with an input voltagerating of 75 V, makes the these controllers ideal for illuminating LEDs in a large family ofapplications.
Adjustable high-side current sense voltage allows for tight regulation of the LED currentwith the highest efficiency possible. The LM3421-Q1 andLM3423-Q1 devices use predictive off-time (PRO) control, which is a combinationof peak current-mode control and a predictive off-timer. This method of control eases the design ofloop compensation while providing inherent input voltage feed-forward compensation.
The LM3421-Q1 and LM3423-Q1 devices include ahigh-voltage start-up regulator that operates over a wide input range of 4.5 V to 75 V. Theinternal PWM controller is designed for adjustable switching frequencies of up to 2 MHz, thusenabling compact solutions.