- 16 µA typical quiescent current
- 600 mA maximum load capability
- 2MHz PWM fixed switching frequency (typ)
- Automatic PFM/PWM mode switching or Forced PWM mode
- Available in fixed output voltages and adjustable version
- 8-Lead non-pullback LLP package
- Internal synchronous rectification for high efficiency
- Internal soft start
- 0.01 µA typical shutdown current
- Operates from a single Li-Ion cell battery
- Only three tiny surface-mount external components required (one inductor, two ceramic capacitors)
- Current overload and Thermal shutdown protection
- Mobile Phones
- MP3 players
- Portable Instruments
- Digital still cameras
- Portable Hard disk drives
Texas Instruments LM3676SD-ADJEV
The LM3676 step-down DC-DC converter is optimized for powering low voltage circuits from a single Li-Ion cell battery and input voltage rails from 2.9V to 5.5V. It provides up to 600mA load current, over the entire input voltage range. There are several different fixed voltage output options available as well as an adjustable output voltage version.
The LM3676 has a mode-control pin that allows the user to select continuous Forced PWM mode over the complete load range or an intelligent PFM-PWM mode that changes modes depending on the load. PWM mode offers superior efficiency under high load conditions (>100mA) and the lowest output noise performance. In Auto mode, PFM-PWM, hysteretic PFM extends the battery life through reduction of the quiescent current to 16 µA (typ.) during light loads and system standby.
The LM3676 evaluation board is a working demonstration of a step down DC-DC converter. The application note contains information about the evaluation board. For further information on buck converter topology, device electrical characteristics, and component selection please refer to the LM3676 data sheet.