|Package | PIN:||TO-220 (NDL) | 15|
|Temp:||C (0 to 70)|
- SPiKe Protection
- Minimal Amount of External Components Necessary
- Quiet Fade-In/Out Mute Mode
- Non-Isolated 15-Lead TO-220 Package
- Wide Supply Range 20V - 78V
- THD+N at 1kHz at 2 x 30W Continuous Average Output Power Into 8Ω 0.1% (Max)
- THD+N at 1kHz at Continuous Average Output Power of 2 x 30W Into 8Ω 0.009% (Typ)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments LM4766T/NOPB
The LM4766 is a stereo audio amplifier capable of delivering typically 40W per channel with the non-isolated NDL package and 30W per channel with the isolated NDB package of continuous average output power into an 8Ω load with less than 0.1% (THD+N).
The performance of the LM4766, utilizing its Self Peak Instantaneous Temperature (°Ke) (SPiKe) Protection Circuitry, places it in a class above discrete and hybrid amplifiers by providing an inherently, dynamically protected Safe Operating Area (SOA). SPiKe Protection means that these parts are safeguarded at the output against overvoltage, undervoltage, overloads, including thermal runaway and instantaneous temperature peaks.
Each amplifier within the LM4766 has an independent smooth transition fade-in/out mute that minimizes output pops. The IC's extremely low noise floor at 2µV and its extremely low THD+N value of 0.06% at the rated power make the LM4766 optimum for high-end stereo TVs or minicomponent systems.