|Package | PIN:||WSON (DNT) | 12|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
|Package qty | Carrier:||
1,000 | LARGE T&R
- Wide 4.5-V to 65-V Input Voltage Range
- Integrated High-Side and Low-Side Switches
- No External Schottky Diode Required
- 2-A Maximum Load Current
- Adaptive Constant On-Time Control
- No External Loop Compensation
- Fast Transient Response
- Selectable Forced PWM or DCM Operation
- FPWM Supports Multi-Output Fly-Buck™
- Nearly Constant Switching Frequency
- Resistor Adjustable up to 1 MHz
- Programmable Soft-Start Time
- Prebiased Start-Up
- ±1% Feedback Voltage Reference
- LM5160A Allows External VCC Bias
- Inherent Protection Features for Robust Design
- Peak Current Limiting Protection
- Adjustable Input UVLO andHysteresis
- VCC and Gate Drive UVLO Protection
- ThermalShutdown Protection With Hysteresis
- Create a Custom Design Using the LM5160A With the WEBENCH® Power Designer
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments LM5160DNTR
The LM5160/A is a 65-V,2-A synchronous step-down converter with integratedhigh-side and low-side MOSFETs. The adaptive constant on-time control scheme requires no loopcompensation and supports high step-down ratios with fast transient response. An internal feedbackamplifier maintains ±1% output voltage regulation over the entire operating temperature range. Theon-time varies inversely with input voltage resulting in nearly constant switchingfrequency.
Peak and valley current limit circuits protect against overload conditions. Theundervoltage lockout (EN/UVLO) circuit provides independently adjustable input undervoltagethreshold and hysteresis. The LM5160/A is programmed through the FPWM pin to operate in continuousconduction mode (CCM) from no load to full load or to automatically switch to discontinuousconduction mode (DCM) at light load for higher efficiency. Forced CCM operation supportsmultiple-output and isolated Fly-Buck applications using a coupled inductor.
The LM5160A shares the same features and pin configuration as theLM5160. An external bias supply can be connected to the VCC pin of the LM5160A in Buck and Fly-Buckapplications. This additional capability lowers IC power dissipation and improves efficiency athigh input voltages.