|Package | PIN:||HSOIC (DDA) | 8|
|Temp:||S (-40 to 150)|
- AEC-Q100-qualified for automotive applications
- Device temperature grade 1: –40°C to +125°C, ambienttemperature range
- Designed for reliable and rugged applications
- Wide input voltage range of 6 V to 100 V
- Junction temperature range: –40°C to+150°C
- Fixed 3-ms internal soft-start timer
- Peak and valleycurrent-limit protection
- Input UVLO and thermal shutdownprotection
- Suited for scalable automotive power supplies
- Lowminimum on- and off-times of 50 ns
- Adjustable switching frequency up to 1MHz
- Diode emulation for high light-load efficiency
- 10.5-µAno-load input quiescent current
- 3-µA shutdown quiescentcurrent
- Optimized for CISPR 25 EMIstandard
- Integration reduces solution size and cost
- COT mode control architecture
- Integrated 0.725-ΩNFET buck switch supports wide duty cycle range
- Integrated 0.34-Ω NFETsynchronous rectifier eliminates external Schottky diode
- 1.2-V internal voltagereference
- No loop compensation components
- Internal VCC biasregulator and boot diode
- Create a custom design using WEBENCH® power designer
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments LM5164QDDATQ1
The LM5164-Q1 synchronous buck converter isdesigned to regulate over a wide input voltage range, minimizing the need for external surgesuppression components. A minimum controllable on-time of 50 ns facilitates large step-downconversion ratios, enabling the direct step-down from a 48-V nominal input to low-voltage rails forreduced system complexity and solution cost. The LM5164-Q1 operates during input voltage dips as low as 6 V, at nearly 100%duty cycle if needed, making it an excellent choice for high-performance 48-V battery automotive applications and MHEV/EVsystems.
With integrated high-side and low-side power MOSFETs, the LM5164-Q1 delivers up to1-A of outputcurrent. A constant on-time (COT) control architecture provides nearly constant switching frequencywith excellent load and line transient response. Additional features of the LM5164-Q1 include ultra-lowIQ and diode emulation mode operation for high light-load efficiency,innovative peak and valley overcurrent protection, integrated VCC bias supply and bootstrap diode,precision enable and input UVLO, and thermal shutdown protection with automatic recovery. Anopen-drain PGOOD indicator provides sequencing, fault reporting, and output voltagemonitoring.
The LM5164-Q1 is qualified to automotive AEC-Q100 grade 1 and isavailable in a 8-pin SO PowerPAD™ package. Its1.27-mm pin pitch provides adequate spacing for high-voltage applications.