- Tightly-regulated output voltage of 5 V with 2% setpoint accuracy, adjustable from 1.223 V to VIN
- Wide input voltage operating range of 3 V to 65 V
- Ultra-high power conversion efficiency: >90% at an output of 5 V and above 1 mA load (input voltage 12 V)
- No-load supply current as low as 12 μA
- Fully assembled, tested and proven PCB layout with 15.5-mm x 13.7-mm total footprint
Texas Instruments LM5165EVM-HD-P50A
The LM5165EVM-HD-P50A high density evaluation module (EVM) is designed to showcase the performance of the LM5165 high performance, exceptionally small, synchronous buck DC/DC buck converter with ultralow IQ. The module-style design is packaged in a miniature footprint with low component count. It operates over a wide input voltage range of 3 V to 65 V to deliver a fixed 5-V output with better than 2% setpoint accuracy. Low-dropout performance whenever the input voltage decreases below the output voltage setpoint is available with 100% duty cycle conduction of the high-side MOSFET. By virtue of the LM5165's pulse-frequency-modulation (PFM) control scheme and diode emulation, the no-load supply current is only 12 μA at 24-V input.