- 4.5V to 65V input voltage range
- 3.3V target output voltage
- Ultra-high power conversion efficiency: >85% at an output of 3.3 V and above 10 mA load (input voltage 12 V)
- COT or PFM control architecture
- No-load supply current as low as 12µA
The LM5166EVM-C33A evaluation module (EVM) is designed to showcase the performance and all features of the LM5166, wide-VIN, synchronous buck DC/DC buck converter with ultra-low no-load supply current. The design is packaged in a miniature footprint with low component count. It operates over a wide input voltage range of 4.5 V to 65 V to deliver a 3.3-V output with better than 2% setpoint accuracy. Low dropout performance whenever the input voltage decreases below the output voltage setpoint is available with 100% duty cycle conduction of the high-side MOSFET. By virtue of the LM5166's constant-on-time (COT) control scheme and diode emulation, the no-load supply current is only 14 μA at 24-V input.