- Step-up or step-down DC-DC conversion from a 6V to 42V input supply
- Regulated 12V output with load current rating up to 6A
- Switching frequency set at 300KHz with optional synchronization to an external clock
- Hiccup mode fault protection and frequency dithering selectable through test points
- Optional average input or output current limiting supported with minor board changes
Texas Instruments LM5175EVM
The LM5175EVM is a four-switch non-inverting buck-boost converter based on the LM5175 controller. This converter is designed to operate with input voltage from 6V to 42V and provide a regulated 12V output for load current up to 6A. The high efficiency transition region control method of the LM5175 produces peak efficiency of 98.4% with an output voltage of 12V. The switching frequency is set at 300kHz and can be synchronized by an external clock signal.