|Package | PIN:||WSON (NGU) | 8|
|Temp:||S (-40 to 150)|
- Designed for reliable and rugged applications
- Wide input voltage range of 4.5 V to65 V
- Robust solution withonly one component crossing the isolation barrier
- ±1.5% total output regulationaccuracy
- Optional VOUT temperaturecompensation
- 6-ms internal or programmable soft start
- InputUVLO and thermal shutdown protection
- Hiccup-mode overcurrent faultprotection
- –40°C to +150°C junction temperaturerange
- Integration reduces solution size and cost
- Integrated 100-V, 0.4-Ω power MOSFET
- No opto-coupler ortransformer auxiliary winding required for VOUTregulation
- Internal loopcompensation
- Low EMI operation to meet CISPR32
- High efficiency PSR flyback operation
- Quasi-resonant switching in boundary conduction mode (BCM) atheavy load
- Low input quiescentcurrent
- External bias option for improvedefficiency
- Single- and multi-outputimplementations
- Create a custom regulator design using WEBENCH® Power Designer
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments LM5180NGUR
The LM5180 is a primary-side regulated(PSR) flyback converter with high efficiency over a wide input voltage range of 4.5 V to65 V. The isolatedoutput voltage is sampled from the primary-side flyback voltage, eliminating the need for anoptocoupler, voltage reference, or third winding from the transformer for output voltageregulation. The high level of integration results in a simple, reliable and high-density designwith only one component crossing the isolation barrier. Boundary conduction mode (BCM) switchingenables a compact magnetic solution and better than ±1.5% load and line regulation performance. Anintegrated 100-Vpower MOSFET provides output power up to 7 W with enhanced headroom for line transients.
The LM5180 converter simplifiesimplementation of isolated DC/DC supplies with optional features to optimize performance for thetarget end equipment. The output voltage is set by one resistor, while an optional resistorimproves output voltage accuracy by negating the thermal coefficient of the flyback diode voltagedrop. Additional features include an internally-fixed or externally-programmable soft start,optional bias supply connection for higher efficiency, precision enable input with hysteresis foradjustable line UVLO, hiccup-mode overload protection, and thermal shutdown protection withautomatic recovery.
The LM5180 flyback converter is available in a 8-pin, 4-mm × 4-mm,thermally-enhanced WSON package with 0.8-mm pin pitch.