|Package | PIN:||TO-263 (KTT) | 3|
|Temp:||S (0 to 125)|
- Output Current up to 1.5 A
- Available in Fixed 5-V, 12-V, and 15-V Options
- Output Voltage Tolerances of ±2% at TJ = 25°C (LM340A)
- Line Regulation of 0.01% / V of at 1-A Load (LM340A)
- Load Regulation of 0.3% / A (LM340A)
- Internal Thermal Overload, Short-Circuit and SOA Protection
- Available in Space-Saving SOT-223 Package
- Output Capacitance Not Required for Stability
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments LM7805S/NOPB
The LM340 and LM7805 Family monolithic 3-terminal positive voltage regulators employinternal current-limiting, thermal shutdown and safe-area compensation, making them essentiallyindestructible. If adequate heat sinking is provided, they can deliver over 1.5-A output current.They are intended as fixed voltage regulators in a wide range of applications including local(on-card) regulation for elimination of noise and distribution problems associated withsingle-point regulation. In addition to use as fixed voltage regulators, these devices can be usedwith external components to obtain adjustable output voltages and currents.
Considerable effort was expended to make the entire series of regulators easy to use andminimize the number of external components. It is not necessary to bypass the output, although thisdoes improve transient response. Input bypassing is needed only if the regulator is located farfrom the filter capacitor of the power supply.
LM7805 is also available in a higher accuracy and better performance version (LM340A).Refer to LM340A specifications in the LM340A Electrical Characterisitcs table.