|Package | PIN:||VSSOP (DGK) | 8|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Industrys Fastest Astable Frequency of 3 MHz
- Available in Industrys Smallest 8-Bump DSBGA Package (1.43mm × 1.41mm)
- Less Than 1 mW Typical Power Dissipation at 5 V Supply
- 1.5 V Supply Operating Voltage Ensured
- Output Fully Compatible With TTL and CMOS Logic at 5 V Supply
- Tested to −10 mA, 50 mA Output Current Levels
- Reduced Supply Current Spikes During Output Transitions
- Extremely Low Reset, Trigger, and Threshold Currents
- Excellent Temperature Stability
- Pin-for-Pin Compatible With 555 Series of Timers
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments LMC555CMM/NOPB
The LMC555 device is a CMOS version of the industry standard 555 series general-purposetimers. In addition to the standard package (SOIC, VSSSOP, and PDIP) the LMC555 is also availablein a chip-sized package (8-bump DSBGA) using TIs DSBGA package technology. The LMC555 offers thesame capability of generating accurate time delays and frequencies as the LM555 but with much lowerpower dissipation and supply current spikes. When operated as a one-shot, the time delay isprecisely controlled by a single external resistor and capacitor. In the astablemode the oscillation frequency and duty cycle are accurately set by two externalresistors and one capacitor. The use of TIs LMCMOS process extends both the frequency range andthe low supply capability.