|Package | PIN:||WQFN (RUM) | 16|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Compliant With ST 424, ST 292, ST 344, and ST
- Supports DVB-ASI at 270 Mbps
- Wide Range of Data Rates: 125 Mbps to 2.97
- Equalizes up to 140 Meters of Belden 1694A at
2.97 Gbps, up to 200 Meters of Belden 1694A at
1.485 Gbps, or Up to 400 Meters of Belden 1694A
at 270 Mbps
- Power Save Mode With Auto Sleep Control (35
mW Typical Power Consumption in Power Save
- Optional SPI Register Access
- Manual Bypass and Output Mute With a
- Internally Terminated 100-Ω LVDS Outputs With
SPI Programmable Output Common-Mode Voltage
- Programmable Launch Amplitude Optimization in
- Cable Length Indicator in SPI Mode
- Single 3.3-V Supply Operation
- 16-Pin WQFN Package
- Industrial Temperature Range: 40°C to +85°C
- Footprint Compatible With the LMH0344,
LMH0044, and LMH0074 in Pin Mode
Texas Instruments LMH0384SQ/NOPB
The LMH0384 3-Gbps HD - SD SDI Extended Reach and Configurable Adaptive Cable Equalizer is designed to equalize data transmitted over cable (or any media with similar dispersive loss characteristics). The equalizer operates over a wide range of data rates from 125 Mbps to 2.97 Gbps and supports ST 424, ST 292, ST 344, and ST 259 standards.
The LMH0384 device includes active sensing features and design enhancements including longer cable equalization, lower output jitter, configurable pin mode and SPI modes, a power-saving sleep mode, and programmable output common-mode voltage and swing. The LMH0384 implements DC restoration to correctly handle pathological data conditions.
The LMH0384 includes an auto sleep mode to power down the device when no input signal is detected. Other features include separate carrier detect and output mute pins which may be tied together to mute the output when no input signal is present, and a programmable mute reference which may be used to mute the output at a selectable level of signal degradation.
The LMH0384 supports two modes of operation. In pin mode (non-SPI mode) the LMH0384 is footprint compatible with the LMH0344 and legacy SDI equalizers. In the optional SPI mode, the LMH0384 provides register access to all of its features along with a cable length indicator, programmable output common-mode voltage and swing, and launch amplitude optimization.