- Ultra-Low RMS Jitter Performance
- 111 fs RMS Jitter (12 kHz to 20 MHz)
- 123 fs RMS Jitter (100 Hz to 20 MHz)
- Dual Loop PLLatinum™ PLL Architecture
- Integrated Low-Noise Crystal Oscillator
- Holdover Mode when Input Clocks are Lost
- Automatic or Manual Triggering/Recovery
- Normalized PLL Noise Floor of –227 dBc/Hz
- Phase Detector Rate up to 155 MHz
- OSCin Frequency-Doubler
- Integrated Low-Noise VCO
- 2 Redundant Input Clocks with LOS
- Automatic and Manual Switch-Over Modes
- 50 % Duty Cycle Output Divides, 1 to 1045 (Even
- 12 LVPECL, LVDS, or LVCMOS Programmable
- Digital Delay: Fixed or Dynamically Adjustable
- 25 ps Step Analog Delay Control.
- 14 Differential Outputs. Up to 26 Single Ended.
- Up to 6 VCXO/Crystal Buffered Outputs
- Clock Rates of up to 1536 MHz
- 0-Delay Mode
- Three Default Clock Outputs at Power Up
- Multi-Mode: Dual PLL, Single PLL, and Clock
- Industrial Temperature Range: –40 to 85°C
- 3.15-V to 3.45-V Operation
- 2 Dedicated Buffered/Divided OSCin Clocks
- Package: 64-Pin WQFN (9.0 × 9.0 × 0.8 mm)
The LMK0480x family is the industrys highest performance clock conditioner with superior clock jitter cleaning, generation, and distribution with advanced features to meet next generation system requirements. The dual loop PLLatinum architecture is capable of 111 fs rms jitter (12 kHz to 20 MHz) using a low noise VCXO module or sub-200 fs rms jitter (12 kHz to 20 MHz) using a low cost external crystal and varactor diode.
The dual loop architecture consists of two high-performance phase-locked loops (PLL), a low-noise crystal oscillator circuit, and a high-performance voltage controlled oscillator (VCO). The first PLL (PLL1) provides low-noise jitter cleaner functionality while the second PLL (PLL2) performs the clock generation. PLL1 can be configured to either work with an external VCXO module or the integrated crystal oscillator with an external tunable crystal and varactor diode. When paired with a very narrow loop bandwidth, PLL1 uses the superior close-in phase noise (offsets below 50 kHz) of the VCXO module or the tunable crystal to clean the input clock. The output of PLL1 is used as the clean input reference to PLL2 where it locks the integrated VCO. The loop bandwidth of PLL2 can be optimized to clean the far-out phase noise (offsets above 50 kHz) where the integrated VCO outperforms the VCXO module or tunable crystal used in PLL1.