|Package | Pins||VQFN (RHA) | 40|
|Operating temperature range (℃)||I (-40 to 85)|
|Package qty | Carrier:||
250 | SMALL T&R
- 10-MHz to 15-GHz output frequency
- –110 dBc/Hz phase noise at 100-kHz offset with 15-GHz carrier
- 45-fs rms jitter at 7.5 GHz (100 Hz to 100 MHz)
- Programmable output power
- PLL key specifications
- Figure of merit: –236 dBc/Hz
- Normalized 1/f noise: –129dBc/Hz
- High phase detector frequency
- 400-MHz integer mode
- 300-MHz fractional mode
- 32-bit fractional-N divider
- Remove integer boundary spurs with programmable input multiplier
- Synchronization of output phase across multiple devices
- Support for SYSREF with 9-ps resolution programmable delay
- Frequency ramp and chirp generation ability for FMCW applications
- < 20-µs VCO calibration speed
- 3.3-V single power supply operation
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
The LMX2594 is a high-performance, wideband synthesizer that can generate any frequencyfrom 10 MHz to 15 GHz without using an internal doubler, thus eliminating the need for sub-harmonicfilters. The high-performance PLL with figure of merit of –236 dBc/Hz and high-phase detectorfrequency can attain very low in-band noise and integrated jitter. The high-speed N-divider has nopre-divider, thus significantly reducing the amplitude and number of spurs. There is also aprogrammable input multiplier to mitigate integer boundary spurs.
The LMX2594 allows users to synchronize the output of multiple devices and also enablesapplications that need deterministic delay between input and output. A frequency ramp generator cansynthesize up to two segments of ramp in an automatic ramp generation option or a manual option formaximum flexibility. The fast calibration algorithm allows changing frequencies faster than 20 µs.The LMX2594 adds support for generating or repeating SYSREF (compliant to JESD204B standard)designed for low-noise clock sources in high-speed data converters. A fine delay adjustment (9-psresolution) is provided in this configuration to account for delay differences of board traces.
The output drivers within LMX2594 deliver output power as high as 7 dBm at 15-GHz carrierfrequency. The device runs from a single 3.3-V supply and has integrated LDOs that eliminate theneed for on-board low noise LDOs.