The LP2992 is a 250-mA, fixed-output voltage regulator designed to provide ultra-low dropout and low noise in battery-powered applications.
Using an optimized vertically integrated PNP (VIP) process, the LP2992 delivers unequaled performance in all specifications critical to battery-powered designs:
- Dropout voltage: Typically 450 mV at 250-mA load, and 5 mV at 1-mA load.
- Ground pin current: Typically 1500 µA at 250-mA load, and 75 µA at 1-mA load.
- Enhanced stability: The LP2992 is stable with output capacitor equivalent series resistance (ESR) as low as 5 mΩ, which allows the use of ceramic capacitors on the output.
- Sleep mode: Less than 1-µA quiescent current when ON/OFF pin is pulled low.
- Smallest possible size: SOT-23 and WSON packages use absolute minimum board space.
- Precision output: 1% tolerance output voltages available (A grade).
- Low noise: By adding a 10-nF bypass capacitor, output noise can be reduced to 30 µV (typical).
- Multiple voltage options, from 1.5 V to 5 V, are available as standard products. Consult factory for custom voltages.
For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the data sheet.