|Package | PIN:||SOT-223 (NDC) | 5|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Input Supply Voltage: 2.5 V to 7 V
- Ultra-Low Dropout Voltage
- Low Ground Pin Current
- Load Regulation of 0.02%
- 15-µA Quiescent Current in Shutdown Mode
- Specified Output Current of 0.8-A DC
- Output Voltage Accuracy ±1.5%
- ERROR Flag Indicates Output Status (LP3961)
- Sense Option Improves Better Load Regulation
- Extremely Low Output Capacitor Requirements
- Overtemperature and Overcurrent Protection
- −40°C to 125°C Junction Temperature Range
Texas Instruments LP3961EMP-1.8/NOPB
The LP396x series of fast ultra-low-dropout linear regulators operate from a 2.5-V to 7-V input supply. A wide range of preset output voltage options are available. These ultra-low dropout linear regulators respond very fast to step changes in load which makes them suitable for low-voltage microprocessor applications. The LP3961 and LP3964 are developed on a CMOS process which allows low quiescent current operation independent of output load current, as well as operation under extremely low dropout conditions.
Dropout Voltage: Ultra-low dropout voltage; typically 24 mV at 80-mA load current and 240 mV at 800-mA load current.
Ground Pin Current: Typically 4 mA at 800-mA load current.
ERROR Flag: ERROR flag goes low when the output voltage drops 10% below nominal value (for LP3961).
SENSE: SENSE pin improves regulation at remote loads (for LP3964).
Precision Output Voltage: Multiple output voltage options are available ranging from 1.2 V to 5 V and adjustable (LP3964), with a specified accuracy of ±1.5% at room temperature, and ±3% over all conditions (varying line, load, and temperature).