|Package | PIN:||VQFN (RSM) | 32|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Operating Voltage Range:
- VCC Range: 2.7 V to 5.5V
- EN, SDA, and SCL Pins Compatible With
1.8-V, 3.3-V, and 5-V Power Rails
- OutputMaximum Voltage: 6 V
- 24 Constant-Current Sinks With High Precision
- 25.5 mA Maximum per Channel WithVCC in Full Range
- 35 mA Maximum perChannel When VCC ≥ 3.3 V
- Device-to-Device Error: ±7%; Channel-to-Channel Error:±7%
- Ultralow Quiescent Current:
- Shutdown Mode: 1 µA (Maximum) With EN Low
- Power Saving Mode: 10 µA (Typical) With EN High and AllLEDs Off for > 30 ms
- Integrated 12-Bit, 29-kHz PWM Generator for Each Channel:
- Independent Color-Mixing Register Per Channel
- Independent Brightness-Control Register Per RGB LEDModule
- Optional Logarithmic- or Linear-Scale BrightnessControl
- Integrated 3-Phase PWM-ShiftingScheme
- 3 Programmable Banks (R, G, B) for Easy Software Control of Each Color
- 2 External Hardware Address Pins Allow Connecting up to 4 Devices
- Broadcast Slave Address Allows Configuring Multiple Devices Simultaneously
- Auto-Increment Allows Writing or Reading Consecutive Registers Within One Transmission
- Up to 400-kHz Fast-Mode I2C Speed
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments LP5018RSMR
In smart homes and other applications that utilize human-machine-interaction,high-performance RGB LED drivers are required. LED animation effects such as flashing, breathing,and chasing greatly improve user experience, and minimal system noise is essential.
The LP50xx device is an 18- or 24-channel constant current sink LED driver. The LP50xxdevice includes integrated color mixing and brightness control, and pre-configuration simplifiesthe software coding process. Integrated 12-bit, 29 kHz PWM generators for each channel enablesmooth, vivid color for LEDs, and eliminate audible noise.
The LP50xx device controls each LED output with a 12-bit PWM resolution at 29-kHzswitching frequency, which helps achieve a smooth dimming effect and eliminates audible noise. Theindependent color mixing and intensity control registers make the software coding straightforward.When targeting a fade-in, fade-out type breathing effect, the global R, G, B bank control reducesthe microcontroller loading significantly. The LP50xx device also implements a PWM phase-shiftingfunction to help reduce the input power budget when LEDs turn on simultaneously.
The LP50xx device implements an automatic power-saving mode to achieve ultralow quiescentcurrent. When channels are all off for 30 ms, the device total power consumption is down to 10 µA,which makes the LP50xx device a potential choice for battery-powered end equipment.