|Package | PIN:||DSBGA (YFQ) | 25|
|Temp:||S (-30 to 85)|
- Three Independent Program Execution Engines, Nine Programmable Outputs with 25.5-mA Full-Scale Current, 8-Bit Current Setting Resolution, and 12-Bit PWM Control Resolution
- Adaptive High-Efficiency 1×/1.5× Fractional Charge Pump - Efficiency Up to 94%
- LED Drive Efficiency Up to 93%
- Charge Pump With Soft Start and Overcurrent and Short-Circuit Protection
- Built-in LED Test
- 200-nA Typical Standby Current
- Automatic Power-Save Mode
IVDD = 10 µA (Typical)
- Two-Wire I2C-Compatible Control Interface
- Flexible Instruction Set
- Large SRAM Program Memory
- Small Application Circuit
- Source (High-Side) Drivers
- Architecture Supports Color Control
Texas Instruments LP5523TM/NOPB
The LP5523 is a 9-channel LED driver designed to produce lighting effects for mobile devices. A high-efficiency charge pump enables LED driving over full Li-Ion battery voltage range. The device is equipped with an internal program memory, which allows operation without processor control.
The LP5523 maintains excellent efficiency over a wide operating range by autonomously selecting the best charge-pump gain based on LED forward voltage requirements. The LP5523 is able to automatically enter power-save mode when LED outputs are not active, thus lowering idle current consumption down to 10 µA (typical).
The LP5523 has an I2C-compatible control interface with four pin selectable addresses. The device has a flexible general purpose output (GPO), which can be used as a digital control pin for other devices. INT pin can be used to notify processor when a lighting sequence has ended (interrupt function). Also, the device has a trigger input interface, which allows synchronization, for example, between multiple LP5523 devices.
The device requires only four small, low-cost ceramic capacitors. The LP5523 is available in a tiny 25-pin DSBGA package (0.4-mm pitch).For all available packages, see the orderable addendum at the end of the data sheet.