- Excellent load transient response: ± 15 mV typical.
- Excellent line transient response: ± 1 mV typical.
- 0.7V ≤ VIN ≤ 4.5V
- 2.5V ≤ VBATT ≤ 5.5V
- 0.5V ≤ VOUT ≤ 2.0V
- For I LOAD = 350mA:
V BATT ≥ V OUT(NOM) + 1.5V or 2.5V whichever is higher
- For I LOAD = 150mA:
V BATT ≥ V OUT(NOM) + 1.3V or 2.5V whichever is higher
- 50 µA typical quiescent current from V BATT
- 10 µA typical quiescent current from V IN
- 0.1µA typical quiescent current in shutdown
- Guaranteed 350mA output current
- Noise voltage = 100 µ V RMS typical
- Operates from a single Li-Ion cell or 3 cell NiMH/NiCd batteries
- Only one or two tiny surface-mount external components required depending on application.
- Small, thin 5-bump microSMD package and 6-pin Chip On Lead LLP package, lead free
- Thermal-overload and short-circuit protection
- -40 °C to +125 °C junction temperature range
- Mobile Phones
- Hand-Held Radios
- Personal Digital Assistants
- Palm-Top PCs
- Portable Instruments
- Battery Powered Devices
Texas Instruments LP5952LC-1.5EV
The LP5952 is a Dual Supply Rail Linear Regulator optimized for powering ultra-low voltage circuits from a single Li-Ion cell or 3 cell NiMH/NiCd batteries.
In the typical post regulation application VBATT is directly connected to the battery (range 2.5V ?5.5V) and VIN is supplied by the output voltage of the DC-DC Converter (range 0.7V?4.5V).
The device offers superior dropout and transient features combined with very low quiescent currents. In shutdown mode (Enable pin pulled low) the device turns off and reduces battery consumption to 0.1 µ A ((typ).
The LP5952 also features internal protection against over-temperature, over-current and under-current voltage conditions.
The LP5952 evaluation board is designed to enable independent evaluation of the LP5952 electrical performance. Each board is pre-assembled and tested in the factory. The board contains the LP5952 and input and output capacitors connected to GND.