- Excellent load transient response: ± 15mV typical
- Excellent line transient response: ± 1mV typical
- 0.7V ≤ VININ ≤ 4.5V
- 2.5V ≤ VBATT ≤ 5.5V
- 0.5V ≤ VOUT ≤ 2.0
- For ILOAD = 350mA: VBATT ≥ VOUT(NOM) + 1.5V or 2.5V whichever is higher
- For ILOAD = 150mA: VBATT ≥ VOUT(NOM) + 1.3V or 2.5V whichever is higher
- 50µA typical quiescent current from VBATT
- 10µA typical quiescent current from VIN
- 0.1µA typical quiescent current in shutdown
- Guaranteed 350mA output current
- Noise voltage = 100µVRMS typical
- Operates from a single Li-Ion cell or 3 cell NiMH/NiCd batteries
- Only one or two tiny surface-mount external components required depending on application
- Small 5 bump micro SMD package, lead free
- Thermal-overload and short-circuit protection
- -40°C to +125°C junction temperature range
- Mobile Phones
- Hand-held Radios
- Personal Digital Assistants
- Palm-Top PCs
- Portable Instruments
- Battery Powered Devices
Texas Instruments LP5952TL-1.3EV
The LP5952 is a Dual Supply Rail Linear Regulator optimized for powering ultra-low voltage circuits from a single Li-Ion cell or 3 cell NiMH/NiCd batteries.
In the typical post regulation application VBATT is directly connected to the battery (range 2.5V...5.5V) and VININ is supplied by the output voltage of the DC-DC Converter (range 0.7V...4.5V).
The device offers superior dropout and transient features combined with very low quiescent currents. In shutdown mode (enable pin pulled low) the device turns off and reduces battery consumption to 0.1µA (typ.).
The LP5952 also features internal protection against over-temperature, over-current, and under-voltage conditions. Performance is specified for a -40°C to +125°C junction temperature range.
The LP5952 is available in a micro SMD package, lead free. The device is available in fixed output voltages in the range of 0.5V to 2.0V.
The evaluation board is designed to enable independent evaluation of the LP5952 electrical performance. Each board is pre-assembled and tested in the factors.
The evaluation kits are available in four options: LP5952TL-1.2EV, LP5952TL-1.3EV, LP5952TL-1.5EV, and LP5952TL-1.8EV. The board contains the LP5952 and input and output capacitors connected to GND.