|Package | PIN:||HTSSOP (DCP) | 38|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Qualified for Automotive Applications
- AEC-Q100 Qualified With the Following Results:
- Device Temperature Grade 1: –40°C to +125°C Ambient OperatingTemperature
- Input Voltage Operating Range 3 V to 48 V
- Six High-Precision Current Sinks
- Current Matching 1% (typical)
- Dimming Ratio 32000:1 Using 152-Hz LED Output PWM Frequency
- Up to 16-bit LED Dimming ResolutionWith SPI, I2C, or PWM Input
- Automatically Detects Used LEDStrings and Adjusts LED-Channel Phase Shift
- IndependentCurrent Control for Each Channel
- Hybrid PWM and Current Dimming Function
- Up to 47-V VOUT Boost or SEPIC DC/DC Controller
- Switching Frequency 300 kHz to 2.2MHz
- Boost Spread Spectrum for Reduced EMI
- Boost Sync Input to Set Boost Switching Frequency From an ExternalClock
- Integrated Charge Pump Supports Low VIN ConditionsSuch as Cold Crank
- Output Voltage Automatically Discharged When Boost isDisabled
- Extensive Fault Diagnostics
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments LP8863ADCPRQ1
The LP8863-Q1 is an automotive high-efficiency LED driver with boost controller. The sixhigh-precision current sinks support phase shifting that is automatically adjusted based on thenumber of channels in use. Current sink brightness can be controlled individually and globallythrough the SPI or I2C interface; brightness can also be globally controlled with PWM input.
The boost controller has adaptive output voltage control based on the headroom voltagesof the LED current sinks. This feature minimizes the power consumption by adjusting the voltage tothe lowest sufficient level in all conditions. A wide-range adjustable frequency allows theLP8863-Q1 to avoid disturbance for AM radio band.
The LP8863-Q1 supports built-in hybrid PWM and current dimming, which reduces EMI,extends the LED lifetime, and increases the total optical efficiency.