MSP430F5529 USB Experimenter’s Board
Features for the MSP-EXP430F5529
- Integrated MSP430F5529:
- 128KB Flash / 8KB SRAM (10kB if USB is disabled)
- Full-Speed USB 2.0
- 16-Bit RISC Architecture up to 25-MHz
- 3x Timer_A Blocks, 1x Timer_B Block
- 2x USCI (UART/SPI/I2C) Blocks, 16Ch 12-Bit ADC12_A, 12Ch Comp_B, 63 I/Os
- USB Development Platform
- 5-pad capacitive touch strip (button or slider functionality)
- microSD Card Slot with 1GB card included.
- 102x64 grayscale, dot-matrix LCD with backlight.
- 4 push buttons (2x User Configured Pushbuttons, 1x Reset Pushbutton, 1x USB Bootstrap Pushbutton)
- 3 general purpose LEDs, 5 LEDs for capacitive touch buttons, and 1 LED Power indicator.
- Scroll wheel/Potentiometer
- Integrated EM headers allow support for TI Low Power RF Wireless Evaluation Modules and eZ430-RF2500T. Currently supported modules:
- CC1100/CC1101EMK - Sub-1GHz radio
- CC2500EMK - 2.4 GHz radio
- CC2420/CC2430EMK - 2.4 GHz 802.15.4 radio
- CC2520/CC2530EMK - 2.4 GHz 802.15.4 radio
- Integrated eZ-FET for Spy-Bi-Wire (2-wire JTAG) programming and debugging.
- JTAG header for full 4-sire JTAG programming and debugging.
- Multiple power supply options, including USB, JTAG, batteries, or external power supply.
- Easy access to F5529 I/O pins for prototyping. Port mapping available for additional flexibility.
Description for the MSP-EXP430F5529
The MSP430F5529 USB microcontroller development kit is not supported by the Mac or Linux versions of the Code Composer Studio™ Integrated Development Environment. If you want to work with these operating systems, we suggest you select one of the many MSP LaunchPads.
The MSP430F5529 Experimenter Board (MSP-EXP430F5529) is a development platform for the MSP430F5529 device, from the latest generation of MSP430 devices with integrated USB. The board is compatible with many TI low-power RF wireless evaluation modules such as the CC2520EMK. The Experimenter Board helps designers quickly learn and develop using the new F55xx MCUs, which provide the industry's lowest active power consumption, integrated USB, and more memory and leading integration for applications such as energy harvesting, wireless sensing and automatic metering infrastructure (AMI).
The MSP430F5529 device on the experimenter board can be powered and debugged via the integrated ezFET, or via TI Flash Emulation Tool, like the MSP-FET430UIF.
- Based on new MSP430F5529 MCU for ultra-low power designs that need enhanced functionality and integrated USB
- Fast low power wireless development with eZ430-RF2500 tool, out-of-the-box platform for Z-Stack Pro and support for various TI Low Power Wireless RF evaluation modules, which cover the sub-1GHz and 2.4GHz frequency bands
- 102x64 dot-matrix LCD for rich user interfaces and fun games
- Multiple input/output options allow for fast system development: capacitive touch buttons/sliders, push buttons, USB, micro SD slot, LEDs, and scroll wheel.
- Integrated ezFET allows the experimenter board to plug directly to PC via USB for power and debugging.
- JTAG header connection available for 4-wire JTAG programming and debugging with the MSP-FET430UIF.
- Compatible with Code Composer Studio, Free 16KB IDE
- Complete User Experience software demo pre-installed, with source code available for download.
- PCB design available for download (Eagle PCB)
The ECCN (Export Control Classification Number) classification for this tool will be the same as the included microcontrollers. To find ECCN information for a microcontroller, see the datasheet for that device.
Any use made of Texas Instruments (TI) classifications, whether it be ECCNs or HTS, is without recourse to TI and at the user’s risk. HTS and export classifications are subject to change. Your company, as the exporter of record, is responsible for determining the correct classification of any item at the time of export. Any HTS or export classification by TI is for TI’s internal use only and shall not be construed as a representation or warranty regarding the proper export classification nor relied upon to make licensing determinations.