|Package | PIN:||WSON (DSG) | 8|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- High Gain Bandwidth Product: 5.5 GHz
- Decompensated, Gain ≥ 7 V/V (Stable)
- Ultra-Low Bias Current MOSFET Inputs: 10 pA
- Low Input Voltage Noise: 2.5 nV/√Hz
- Slew rate: 2000 V/µs
- Low Input Capacitance:
- Common-Mode: 0.6 pF
- Differential: 0.2pF
- Wide Input Common-Mode Range:
- 1.4 V from Positive Supply
- Includes NegativeSupply
- 2.5 VPP Output Swing in TIA Configuration
- Supply Voltage Range: 3.3 V to 5.25 V
- Quiescent Current: 20.5 mA
- Available in 8-Pin WSON Package
- Temperature Range: –40 to +125°C
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments OPA858IDSGT
The OPA858 is a wideband, low-noise, operational amplifier withCMOS inputs forwideband transimpedance and voltage amplifier applications. When the device is configured as atransimpedance amplifier (TIA), the 5.5-GHzgain bandwidth product (GBWP) enables applications requiring highclosed-loop bandwidths at transimpedance gains in the tens to hundreds of kΩs range.
The graph below demonstrates the bandwidth and noise performance of theOPA858 as a function of the photodiode capacitance when the amplifier isconfigured as a TIA. The total noise is calculated over a bandwidth range extending from DC to thecalculated f-3dB frequency on the left-hand scale. TheOPA858 package features a feedback pin (FB) that simplifies the feedbacknetwork connection between the input and the output.
The OPA858 is optimized for use in optical Time-of-Flight (ToF)systems like the one shown in the figure below where the OPA858 is used withthe TDC7201 time-to-digital converter. TheOPA858 can be used in high-resolution LIDAR systems with a high-speedanalog-to-digital converter (ADC) and a differential output amplifier like theTHS4541 or LMH5401 to drive the ADC.