|Package | PIN:||SSOP (DB) | 28|
|Temp:||S (-10 to 70)|
- Two High-Performance Delta-Sigma Analog-to-Digital Converters
- 24-Bit Linear PCM or 1-Bit Direct Stream Digital (DSD) Output Data
- Supports PCM Output Sampling Rates up to 216kHz
- Supports 64fS and 128fS DSD Output Data Rates
- Dynamic Performance: PCM Output
- Dynamic Range (VIN = -60dBFS, fIN = 1kHz, A-Weighted): 118dB
- THD+N (VIN = -0.5dBFS, fIN = 1kHz): -105dB
- Dynamic Performance: DSD Output, 64fS
- Dynamic Range (A-Weighted): 115dB
- THD+N (VIN = -0.5dBFS, fIN = 1kHz): -102dB
- Audio Serial Port
- 24-Bit Linear PCM Output Data
- Master or Slave Mode Operation
- Supports Left-Justified, Right-Justified, and I2S Data Formats
- Additional PCM Output Features
- Linear-Phase Digital Decimation Filter
- Digital High-Pass Filter for DC Removal
- Clipping Flag Output for Each Channel
- Power Supplies: +5V Analog and +3.3V Digital
- Power Dissipation:
- fS = 48kHz: 308mW typical
- fS = 96kHz: 338mW typical
- fS = 192kHz: 318mW typical
- Power-Down Mode
- Available in a SSOP-28 Package
- Pin- and Function-Compatible with the PCM1804
- Digital Recorders and Mixing Desks
- Digital Audio Effects Processors
- Broadcast Studio Equipment
- Surround Sound Encoders
- High-End A/V Receivers
I2S is a registered trademark of Royal Philips Electronics B.V., The Netherlands.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments PCM4202DBR
The PCM4202 is a high-performance, stereo audio analog-to-digital (A/D) converter designed for professional and broadcast audio applications. The PCM4202 architecture utilizes a 1-bit delta-sigma modulator per channel, incorporating a novel density modulated dither scheme for improved dynamic performance.
The PCM4202 supports 24-bit linear PCM output data, with sampling frequencies up to 216kHz. The PCM4202 can also be configured to output either 64x or 128x oversampled, 1-bit direct stream digital (DSD) data for each channel. Support for PCM and DSD output formats makes the PCM4202 suitable for a variety of digital audio recording and processing applications.
The PCM4202 includes a flexible audio serial port interface, which supports standard audio data formats. Audio data format selection, sampling mode configuration, and high-pass filter functions are all programmed using dedicated control pins.
The PCM4202 operates from a +5V analog power supply and a +3.3V digital power supply. The digital I/O pins are compatible with +3.3V logic families. The PCM4202 is available in a small SSOP-28 package.