|Package | PIN:||TSSOP (PW) | 14|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- AEC-Q100 Qualified for Automotive Applications:
- Device Temperature Grade 1: –40°C to +125°C,TA
- Internal Zener Diode on Supply Pin for High-Voltage Operation
- 120- and 230-V AC Supply Through Rectifier and RSResistor
- 24-V, 48-V, and Higher DC Supply Through RSResistor
- Drives an External MOSFET With PWM to Control Solenoid Current
- External Sense Resistor for Regulating Solenoid Current
- Fast Ramp-Up of Solenoid Current to Ensure Activation
- Solenoid Current is Reduced in Hold Mode for Lower Power and Thermal Dissipation
- Ramp Peak Current, Keep Time at Peak Current, Hold Current, and PWM Clock Frequency Can Be Set Externally. They Can Also Be Operated at Nominal Values Without External Components.
- Thermal Shutdown
- Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO)
- Optional STATUS Output
- 14-Pin TSSOP Package
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments PDRV110AQPWRQ1
The DRV110A-Q1 deviceis a PWM current controller for solenoids. The device is designed to regulate the current with awell-controlled waveform to reduce power dissipation. The solenoid current is ramped up fast toensure opening of the valve or relay. After initial ramping, the solenoid current is kept at a peakvalue to ensure correct operation, after which the current is reduced to a lower hold level toavoid thermal problems and reduce power dissipation.
The peak current duration is set with an external capacitor. The peak and hold levels ofthe current ramp, as well as the PWM frequency, can independently be set with external resistors.External setting resistors can also be omitted if the default values for the correspondingparameters are suitable for the application.
The DRV110A-Q1 devicehas an internal Zener diode that limits the supply at VIN to VZENER forapplications that require a higher supply voltage. Using the internal Zener, theDRV110A-Q1 can be powered from120-V and 230-V AC supplies through a rectifier and current-limiting resistor. High DC voltagessuch as 48-V can also be accommodated this way.