|Package | PIN:||HTSSOP (PWP) | 24|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- PWM microstepping stepper motor driver
- Simple STEP/DIR interface
- Up to 1/256 Microsteppingindexer
- Integrated current sense functionality
- No sense resistors required
- ±7.5% Full-scale current accuracy
- Smart tune decay technology, Fixed slow, and mixed decay options
- 4.5 to 48-V Operating supply voltage range
- Low RDS(ON):
- DRV8436: 900 mΩ HS + LS at 24 V, 25°C
- DRV8437: 1200 mΩ HS + LS at 24 V, 25°C
- High current capacity per bridge
- DRV8436: 2.4 A peak, 1.5 A Full-Scale, 1.1 A rms
- DRV8437: 1.9 A peak, 1.1 A Full-Scale, 0.8 A rms
- Configurable off-time PWM chopping
- 7-µs, 16-µs, 24-µs, or 32-µs.
- Supports 1.8-V, 3.3-V, 5.0-V logic inputs
- Low-current sleep mode (2 µA)
- Small package and footprint
- Protection features
- VM undervoltage lockout (UVLO)
- Charge pump undervoltage (CPUV)
- Overcurrent protection (OCP)
- Open load detection (OL)
- Thermal shutdown (OTSD)
- Fault condition output (nFAULT)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments PDRV8436PWPR
The DRV8436/37 are stepper motor drivers for industrial and consumer end equipmentapplications. The device is fully integrated with two N-channel power MOSFET H-bridge drivers, amicrostepping indexer, and integrated current sensing. The DRV8436 and DRV8437 are capable ofdriving up to 1.1-A rms and 0.8-A rms output current respectively (dependent on PCB design).
The DRV8436/37 use an internal current sense architecture to eliminate the need for twoexternal power sense resistors, saving PCB area and system cost. The DRV8436/37 use an internal PWMcurrent regulation scheme selectable between smart tune, fast, slow and mixed decay options. Smarttune decay technology automatically adjusts for optimal current regulation performance andcompensates for motor variation and aging effects.
A simple STEP/DIR interface allows an external controller to manage the direction andstep rate of the stepper motor. A low-power sleep mode is provided for very low standby quiescentstandby current using a dedicated nSLEEP pin. Protection features are provided for supplyundervoltage, charge pump faults, overcurrent, short circuits, open load, and overtemperature.Fault conditions are indicated by the nFAULT pin.