|Package | PIN:||VQFN (RHB) | 32|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
|Package qty | Carrier:||
1 | TUBE
- AEC-Q100 qualified for automotive applications:
- Temperature grade 1: –40°C to +125°C, TA
- H-bridge smart gate driver
- 4.9-V to 37-V (40-V abs. max) operating range
- Doublercharge pump for 100% PWM
- Half-bridge andH-bridge control modes
- Smart gate drive architecture
- Adjustable slew rate control
- 0.5-mA to 62-mA peak sourcecurrent output
- 0.5-mA to 62-mA peak sink currentoutput
- Integrated dead-time handshaking
- MOSFET drain tosource and gate monitors
- Wide common mode current shunt amplifier
- Supports inline, high-side, orlow-side
- Adjustable gain settings (10, 20, 40, 80V/V)
- Integrated feedback resistors
- Adjustable PWM blankingscheme
- Multiple interface options available
- SPI: Detailed configuration and diagnostics
- H/W: Simplifiedcontrol and less MCU pins
- Spread spectrum clocking for EMI reduction
- Compact VQFN package with wettable flanks
- Integrated protection features
- Dedicated driver disable pin (DRVOFF)
- Supply and regulatorvoltage monitors
- MOSFET VDS overcurrentmonitors
- MOSFET VGS gate faultmonitors
- Charge pump for reverse polarity MOSFET
- Offlineopen load and short circuit diagnostics
- Device thermal warning andshutdown
- Fault condition interrupt pin (nFAULT)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments PDRV8706SRHBQ1
The DRV8706-Q1 is a highly integratedH-bridge gate driver, capable of driving high-side andlow-side N-channel power MOSFETs. It generates the proper gate drive voltages using an integrateddoubler charge pump for the high-side and a linear regulator for the low-side.
The device uses a smart gate drive architecture to reduce system cost and improvereliability. The gate driver optimizes dead time to avoid shoot-through conditions, providescontrol to decreasing electromagnetic interference (EMI) through adjustable gate drive current, andprotects against drain to source and gate short conditions with VDS andVGS monitors.
A wide common mode shunt amplifierprovides inline current sensing to continuously measure motor current even during recirculatingwindows. The amplifier can be used in low-side or high-side sense configurations if inline sensingis not required.
The DRV8706-Q1 provide an array of protection features to ensurerobust system operation. These include under and overvoltage monitors for the power supply andcharge pump, VDS overcurrent and VGS gate faultmonitors for the external MOSFETs, offline open load and short circuit diagnostics, and internalthermal warning and shutdown protection.