|Package | PIN:||HTSSOP (PWP) | 16|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Qualified for Automotive Applications
- AEC-Q100 Qualified With the Following Results:
- Device Temperature Grade 1: –40°C to 125°C Ambient OperatingTemperature Range
- Device HBM ESD Classification Level3A
- Device CDM ESD Classification LevelC4B
- N-Channel H-Bridge Motor Driver
- Drives One Bidirectional Brushed DCMotor
- Two Unidirectional Brushed DC Motors
- Other Resistiveand Inductive Loads
- 4.5-V to 37-V Operating Supply Voltage Range
- Pin to Pin RDS(on) Variants
- DRV8876-Q1: 700-mΩ (High-Side +Low-Side)
- High Output Current Capability
- DRV8876-Q1: 3.5-APeak
- Integrated Current Sensing and Regulation
- Proportional Current Output (IPROPI)
- Selectable Current Regulation (IMODE)
- Cycle-By-Cycle or Fixed Off Time
- Selectable Input Control Modes (PMODE)
- Multiple H-Bridge Control Modes
- IndependentHalf-Bridge Control Mode
- Supports 1.8-V, 3.3-V, and 5-V Logic Inputs
- Ultra Low-Power Sleep Mode
- <1-µA @ VVM = 24-V, TJ =25°C
- Spread Spectrum Clocking For Low Electromagnetic Interference (EMI)
- Integrated Protection Features
- Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO)
- Charge PumpUndervoltage (CPUV)
- Overcurrent Protection (OCP)
- ThermalShutdown (TSD)
- Automatic Fault Recovery
- Fault Indicator Pin(nFAULT)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments PDRV8876QPWPRQ1
The DRV887x-Q1 familyof devices are flexible motor drivers for a wide variety of end applications. The devices integratean N-channel H-bridge, charge pump regulator, current sensing and regulation, current proportionaloutput, and protection circuitry. The charge pump improves efficiency by allowing for bothhigh-side and low-side N-channels MOSFETs and 100% duty cycle support. The family of devices comein pin to pin, scalable RDS(on) options to support different loads withminimal design changes.
The devices support a variety of motor control methods through the PMODE and IMODE pins.These hardware configurable options allow the designer to select the PWM input mode and currentregulation scheme.
Integrated current sensing allows for the motor driver to regulate the motor currentduring start up and high load events. The current limit can be set with an external voltagereference. Additionally, the devices provide an output current proportional to the motor loadcurrent. This can be used to detect motor stall or change in load conditions.
A low-power sleep mode is provided to achieve ultra-low quiescent current draw byshutting down most of the internal circuitry. Internal protection features are provided for supplyundervoltage lockout (UVLO), charge pump undervoltage (CPUV), output overcurrent (OCP), and deviceovertemperature (TSD). Fault conditions are indicated on nFAULT.