|Package | PIN:||HTSSOP (PWP) | 24|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Qualified for automotive applications
- AEC-Q100 qualified with the following results:
- Device temperature grade 1: –40°C to 125°C ambient operatingtemperature
- 4, 6, 8, 10 and 12 Half-bridge outputs
- 4.5-V to 32-V Operating voltage
- 40-V Absolute maximum voltage
- 1.0-A RMS current output per half-bridge
- 3-A Maximum current for all outputs
- Low-power sleep mode (1.5-µA)
- VM and VDD sleep mode current < 1.5-µA @ VVM =13.5-V, VDD = 3.3-V, TA = 25°C
- Supports 3.3-V and 5-V logic inputs
- Supports internal PWM generation
- Individual half-bridge PWM operation
- Supports 4/8-PWMgenerators with 4/8-PWM frequency options
- Supports 8-bit duty cycleresolution
- SPI for configurability and diagnostics
- 5-MHz, 16-Bit SPI communication
- SPI With daisy chainfunctionality
- Integrated protection features with per channel detailed diagnostics on SPI
- nFAULT Pin output
- VM undervoltage lockout(UVLO)
- VM overvoltage protection (OVP)
- Logic supply poweron reset (POR)
- Over current protection (OCP)
- Enhanced openload detection (OLD)
- Thermal warning and shutdown (OTW/OTSD)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments PDRV8912QPWPRQ1
The DRV89xx-Q1 is a pin-to-pin compatible family of integrated multi-channel half-bridgedrivers with 4 to 12 half-bridges. The device family features low on-state resistance(RDS(ON)) which improves thermal performance during high current operation(rms currents up to 1-A).
The device can drive the brushed-DC (BDC) motors or stepper motors in independent,sequential, or parallel mode. The half-bridges are fully controllable to achieve a forward,reverse, coasting and braking operation of motor. With its wide voltage range, the device cansupport high fluctuation in battery voltage because of crank-start and load dump conditions.
A standard 16-bit, 5-MHz serial peripheral interface (SPI) with daisy chain capabilityprovides a full-configurability and detailed diagnostics. Internal PWM generators (with PWMfrequency support of 2-kHz) allows PWM control which enables current limiting during motoroperation and LEDs dimming control. The device has four (12 and 10 channel devices) / eight (8, 6and 4 channel device) PWM generators which are programmable for four different PWM frequencies andindividual 8-bit duty control.
The device supports numerous protection and diagnostic features. Open load detection(OLD) feature allows an easy monitoring of the load connected to the half-bridge. A low current OLDmode allows the detection of very low currents and a passive OLD mode enables the offline OLD. Thedevice is also fully-protected from short-circuit conditions (short to OUTx, supply and ground) andsupport fault monitoring on the nFAULT pin. Moreover, OTW and OTSD ensures the device thermalprotection in scenario of over-heating.