- Intuitive setup – PCB overlay shows the schematic
- No external power supply required
- Includes several coupon boards with different driving amplifier RC filters to facilitate experimentation
- Ships with PHI controller - provides convenient interface to EVM over USB 2.0 (or higher) for power delivery, as well as digital I/O
- Software suite includes
- Graphical tools for data capture
- Spectral analysis
- Output code histogram generation
Texas Instruments PLABS-SAR-EVM-PDK
PLABS-SAR-EVM-PDK is an experimental platform used in conjunction with TI Precision Labs videos to gain a deeper understanding of successive approximation register (SAR) analog-to-digital converter (ADC) circuits. The evaluation module (EVM) platform contains two channels for common SAR ADC circuits that can be easily connected to the precision signal injector evaluation module (PSIEVM), which can provide a low-distortion, low-noise input signal for driving the SAR ADC; the third channel is designed to show a power-consumption scaling with different throughput on an ultra-low-power ADC. The EVM platform also contains 10 coupon boards that can be installed on the motherboard to show performance impact with a different front-end driving circuit.
The PLABS-SAR-EVM-PDK User's Guide shows configuration examples of the EVM with the portable PSIEVM, but the EVM works with any standard test equipment.
TI Precision Labs is the industry’s first comprehensive online classroom for analog engineers. PLABS-SAR-EVM-PDK is the industry’s first offering for data converters.