|Package | PIN:||SOIC (D) | 8|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
|Package qty | Carrier:||
2,500 | LARGE T&R
- Total error current sensing: < 1%
- Sensitivity error:±0.3%, –40ºC to +125ºC
- Offset error: ±10.5 mA, –40ºC to +125ºC
- Offset current drift: 0.01 mA/°C
- Linearity over temperature: 0.1%typ
- UL1577, VDE 0884-11, 60950 certifications planned
- 600-VDC/VPKworking isolation
- 3-kVRMS withstandisolation
- Bidirectional and unidirectional linear current sensing
- External reference voltage enables variable measurable ranges and differential signal chains
- Operating supply range: 3 V to 5.5 V
- Signal bandwidth: 80-kHz
- Multiple sensitivity options:
- TMCS1100A1: 50mV/A
- TMCS1100A2: 100mV/A
- TMCS1100A3: 200mV/A
- TMCS1100A4: 400mV/A
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments PMCS1100A2QDR
The TMCS1100 is a galvanically isolated Hall-effect current sensorcapable of dc or ac current measurement with high accuracy, excellent linearity, and temperaturestability. A low-drift, temperature-compensated signal chain provides < 1% full-scale error across the entiredevice temperature range.
The input current flows through an internal 1.8-mΩ conductor that generates a magneticfield measured by an integrated Hall-effect sensor. This structure eliminates externalconcentrators and simplifies PCB design. Low conductor resistance minimizes power loss and thermaldissipation. Inherent galvanic insulation provides a 600-V basic working isolation and 3-kVdielectric withstand isolation between the current path and circuitry. Integrated electricalshielding enables excellent common-mode rejection and transient immunity protection.
The output voltage is proportional to the input current with four sensitivity options.Fixed sensitivity allows the TMCS1100 to operate from a single 3-V to 5.5-V powersupply, eliminates ratiometry errors, and improves supply noise rejection. The current polarity isconsidered positive when flowing into the positive input pin. The VREF inputpin provides a variable zero-current output voltage, enabling bidirectional or unidirectionalcurrent sensing.
The TMCS1100 draws a maximum supply current of 5 mA, and allsensitivity options are specified over the operating temperature range of –40°C to +125°C.