|Package | PIN:||VQFN (RHB) | 32|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- AEC-Q100 Qualified for automotive applications:
- Temperature grade 1: –40°C to +125°C,TA
- HBM ESD classification level H2
- CDMESD classification level C5
- Synchronous buck DC/DC regulator
- Input voltage range: 4.5 V to 36 V
- Output current: 3.5 A
- 5.1-V Outputvoltage with ±1% accuracy
- Current modecontrol
- Adjustable frequency: 300 kHz to 2.2MHz
- Frequency synchronization to externalclock
- FPWM with spread-spectrumdithering
- Internal compensation for ease ofuse
- Compliant to USB-IF standards
- USB Type-C Rev 1.3
- CC logic, VCONN source and discharge
- USB cable polarity detection (POL)
- CDP/SDP mode per USB BC1.2
- Automatic DCP modes (TPS25831-Q1 only)
- DCP shorted mode and YD/T 1591-2009
- 2.7-V Divider 3 mode
- 1.2-V Mode
- USB Type-C Rev 1.3
- Optimized for USB power and communication
- User-programmable USB current limit
- Cable droop compensation up to 1.5 V
- High bandwidth data switches on DP and DM (TPS25830-Q1 only)
- NTC input for intelligent thermal management (TPS25831-Q1only)
- Integrated protection
- VBUSShort-to-VBAT protection
- DP_IN andDM_IN Short-to-VBAT and VBUS
- CC1 and CC2 Short-to-VBATprotection
- DP_IN, DM_IN, CCx IEC 61000-4-2rated
- ±8kV Contact and ±15kV air discharge
- Fault flag reports
- 32-Pin QFN package with Wettable Flank
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments PTPS25830QWRHBTQ1
The TPS2583x-Q1 is a USB Type-C and BC1.2 charging port controller that includes asynchronous DC/DC converter. With cable droop compensation, the VBUS voltageremains constant regardless of load current, ensuring connected portable devices are charged atoptimal current and voltage.
The TPS2583x-Q1 also integrates short to battery protection onVBUS, CC1, CC2, DM_IN and DP_IN pins. These pins can withstand voltage up to18 V.
The TPS25830-Q1 includes high bandwidth analog switches for DP and DM pass-through, whilethe TPS25831-Q1 includes a thermistor input pin and thermal warning flag for user programmablethermal overload protection.
The synchronous buck regulator operates with current mode control and is internallycompensated to simplify design. A resistor on the RT pin sets the switching frequency between 300kHz and 2.2 MHz. Operating below 400 kHz results in better system efficiency. Operation above 2.1MHz avoids the AM radio bands and allows for use of a smaller inductor.
The TPS2583x-Q1 integrates standard USB Type-C port controller functionality includingConfiguration Channel (CC) logic for 3-A and 1.5-A current advertisement. Battery Charging (Rev.1.2) integration provides the required electrical signatures necessary for non-Type-C, legacy USBdevices which use USB data line signaling to determine USB port current sourcingcapabilities.
A precision current sense amplifier is included for user programmable cable droopcompensation and current limit tuning. Cable compensation aids portable devices in charging atoptimum current and voltage under heavy loads by changing the buck regulator output voltagelinearly with load current to counteract the voltage drop due to wire resistance in automotivecabling. The VBUS voltage measured at a connected portable device remainsapproximately constant, regardless of load current, allowing the portable devices battery chargerto work optimally.
The USB specifications require current limiting of USB charging ports, but give systemdesigners reasonable flexibility to choose overcurrent protection levels based on systemrequirements. The TPS25830x-Q1 uses a novel two-threshold current limit circuit allowing systemdesigners to either program average current limit protection of the buck regulator, or optionally,current limit using an external NMOS between the CSN/OUT and BUS pins. The NFET implementationenables the TPS2583x-Q1 buck regulator to supply a 5-V output for other loads during an overcurrentfault condition on the USB port.
The TPS25830-Q1 includes high bandwidth analog switches for DP and DM pass-through. TheTPS25831-Q1 includes a thermistor input pin and thermal warning flag for user programmable thermaloverload protection.
Integrated protection features include cycle-by-cycle current limit, hiccup short-circuitprotection, undervoltage lockout, VBUS overvoltage and overcurrent, CCovervoltage and overcurrent, data line (Dx) short toVBUS and VBAT, and die overtemperature protection.