|Package | PIN:||HTSSOP (DAD) | 32|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
|Package qty | Carrier:||
2,000 | LARGE T&R
- AEC-Q100 qualified for automotive applications
- Grade 1: –40°C to 125°C ambient operating temperature
- Device HBM classification level H2
- Device CDMclassification level C5
- 4.5-V to 65-V wide input voltage range
- Up to 1.6-A continuous output current with 4% accuracy
- Adjustable on-time average current control
- Programmable switching frequency from 100-kHz to 2.2-MHz
- Advanced dimming operation
- 10-bit precision analog dimming
- 10-bit precision internalPWM dimming
- Compatible with input voltage modulation and external PWM dimmingcommand
- Shunt FET dimming and LED MatrixManager
- Sleep mode current: 20 µA typical
- Cycle-by-cycle switch overcurrent protection
- Switch thermal protection
- Serial peripheral interface (SPI)
- Configurable analog reference, switching frequency, and PWM dimming dutycycle
- Fault monitoring andreporting
- Limp-home (LH) and stand-alone mode operation
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments PTPS92520QDADRQ1
The TPS92520-Q1 is a monolithic dual synchronous buck LED driver with wide a 4.5-V to65-V operating input voltage range that can independently power two strings of series connectedLEDs. The TPS92520-Q1, with adaptive on-time average current mode control, is designed to becompatible with shunt FET dimming techniques and LED matrix manager-based dynamic beam headlamps.The adaptive on-time control provides near constant switching frequency that can be set between100-kHz and 2.2-MHz. Inductor current sensing and closed-loop feedback enables better than ±4%accuracy over input, output, and ambient temperature range.
The high performance LED driver can independently modulate LED current using both analogor PWM dimming techniques. Linear analog dimming response with over 20:1 range is obtained byprogramming the 10-bit IADJ value via SPI. PWM dimming of LED current is achieved by directlymodulating the corresponding UDIM input pin with the desired duty cycle or by enabling the internalPWM generator circuit. The PWM generator translates the 10-bit PWM register value to acorresponding duty cycle by comparing it to an internal digital counter.
The TPS92520-Q1 incorporates an advanced SPI programmable diagnostic and fault protectionfeaturing: cycle-by-cycle switch current limit, BOOT undervoltage, LED open, LED short, thermalwarning and thermal shutdown. An on-board 10-bit ADC samples critical input parameters required forsystem health monitoring and diagnostics.
The TPS92520-Q1 is available in a 6.2-mm x 11-mm thermally-enhanced 32-pin HTSSOP packagewith a 3.86-mm x 3.9-mm top-exposed pad.