- VID V62/07611
- Designed for TIA/EIA-485, TIA/EIA-422, and ISO 8482 applications
- Signaling rates up to 30 Mbps (1)
- Propagation delay times < 11 ns
- Low standby power consumption 1.5-mA max
- Driver positive- and negative-current limiting
- Power-up and power-down glitch free for line-insertion applications
- Thermal shutdown protection
- Industry standard pinout, compatible with SN75174, MC3487, DS96174, LTC487, and MAX3042
- Supports defense, aerospace, and medical applications
- Controlled baseline
- One assembly and test site
- One fabrication site
- Available in military (–55°C to 125°C) temperature range
- Extended product life cycle
- Extended product-change notification
- Product traceability
(1)The signaling rate of a line is the number of voltage transitions that are made per second, expressed in the unit bits per second (bps).
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
The SN65LBC174A-EP is a quadruple differential line driver with tri-state outputs,designed for TIA/EIA-485 (RS-485), TIA/EIA-422 (RS-422), and ISO 8482 applications.
This device is optimized for balanced multipoint bus transmission at signaling rates upto 30-million bits per second (Mbps). The transmission media may be printed-circuit-board traces,backplanes, or cables. The ultimate rate and distance of data transfer is dependent upon theattenuation characteristics of the media and the noise coupling to the environment.
Each driver features current limiting and thermal-shutdown circuitry, making it suitablefor high-speed multipoint applications in noisy environments. The device is designed usingLinBiCMOS™ technology, facilitating low power consumption androbustness.
The two enable (EN) inputs provide pair-wise driver enabling, or can be externally tiedtogether to provide enable control of all four drivers with one signal. When disabled or poweredoff, the driver outputs present a high impedance to the bus for reduced system loading.
The SN65LBC174A-EP is characterized for operation over the temperature range of –55°C to125°C.