- Compatible with the M-LVDS standard TIA/EIA-899 for multipoint data interchange
- Low-voltage differential 30-Ω to 55-Ω line driver and receiver for signaling rates(1) up to
200 Mbps, clock frequencies up to 100 MHz
- Type-2 receiver provides an offset threshold todetect open-circuit and idle-bus conditions
- Bus I/O Protection
- ±8-kV HBM
- ±8-kV IEC 61000-4-2 Contact discharge
- Controlled driver output voltage transition times for improved signal quality
- –1-V to 3.4-V Common-mode voltage range allows data transfer with 2 V of ground noise
- Bus pins high impedance when disabled or VCC ≤ 1.5 V
- 100-Mbps Device Available (SN65MLVD204B)
- Improved Alternatives to SN65MLVD206 (1)
(1)The signaling rate of a line is the number of voltage transitions that are made per second expressed in the bps of the unit (bits per second).
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
The SN65MLVD206B device is a multipoint low-voltagedifferential signaling (M-LVDS) line driver and receiver which is optimized to operate at signalingrates up to 200 Mbps. This device has a robust 3.3-V driver and receiver in the standard SOICfootprint for demanding industrial applications. The bus pins are robust to ESD events, with highlevels of protection to human-body model and IEC contact discharge specifications.
The device combines a differential driver and a differential receiver (transceiver),which operates from a single 3.3-V supply. The transceiver is optimized to operate at signalingrates up to 200 Mbps.
The SN65MLVD206B has enhancements over similar devices.Improved features include a controlled slew rate on the driver output to help minimize reflectionsfrom unterminated stubs, resulting in better signal integrity. The same footprint definition wasmaintained, allowing for an easy drop-in replacement for a system performance upgrade. The devicesare characterized for operation from –40°C to 85°C.
The SN65MLVD206B M-LVDS transceiver is part of the TI extensiveM-LVDSportfolio.