TAS2505 2W Class-D Audio Amplifier Evaluation Module
Features for the TAS2505EVM
- Digital input mono speaker amp
- Supports 8-kHz to 96-kHz Sample Rates
- Mono Class-D BTL Speaker Driver (2.6 W 4 Ω or 1.7 W Into 8 Ω)
- Mono Headphone/Lineout Driver
- Two Single-Ended Inputs With Output Mixing and Level Control
- Embedded Power-on-Reset
- Integrated LDO
- Programmable Digital Audio Processing Blocks for Bass Boost, Treble, EQ With up to Six Biquads for Playback
- Integrated PLL Used for Programmable Digital Audio Processing Blocks
- I2S, Left-Justified, Right-Justified, DSP, and TDM Audio Interfaces
- I2C and SPI control with auto-increment
- Full Power-Down Control
- 4mm × 4mm 24-Pin QFN Package
- Power Supplies:
- Analog: 1.5 V–1.95 V
- Digital Core: 1.65 V–1.95 V
- Digital I/O: 1.1 V–3.6 V
- Class-D: 2.7 V–5.5 V (SPKVDD ≥ AVDD)
Description for the TAS2505EVM
The TAS2505 is a low power digital input speaker amp with support for 24-bit digital I2S data mono playback.
In addition to driving a speaker amp up to 4-Ω, the device also features a mono headphone driver and a programmable digital-signal processing block. The digital audio data format is programmable to work with popular audio standard protocols (I2S, left/right-justified) in master, slave, DSP and TDM modes. The programmable digital-signal processing block can support Bass boost, treble, or EQ functions. An on-chip PLL provides the high-speed clock needed by the digital signal-processing block. The volume level can be controlled by register control. The audio functions are controlled using the I2C ™ serial bus or SPI bus.
The device includes an on-board LDO that runs off the speaker power supply to handle all internal device analog and digital power needs. The included POR as power-on-reset circuit reliably resets the device into its default state so no external reset is required at normal usage; however, the device does have a reset pin for more complex system initialization needs. The device also includes two analog inputs for mixing and muxing in both speaker and headphone analog paths.