|Package | PIN:||WSON (DRJ) | 8|
|Temp:||S (-40 to 105)|
- Qualified for Automotive Applications
- AEC-Q100 Test Guidance With the Following Results:
- Device Temperature Grade 2: –40°C to 105°C Ambient OperatingTemperature Range for WSON package
- DeviceTemperature Grade 1: –40°C to 125°C Ambient Operating Temperature Range for TO-263package
- Device HBM ESD Classification Level H1C
- Device CDMESD Classification Level C3B
- Adjustable Constant Current up to 500 mA (±5%)
- Wide Input-Voltage Range up to 42 V
- Low Dropout Voltage
- Open-Load Detection
- Overtemperature Protection
- Short-Circuit Proof
- Reverse-Polarity Proof
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TL4242TDRJRQ1
The TL4242-Q1 device is an integrated adjustable constant-current source, driving loadsup to 500 mA. One can adjust the output current level through an external resistor. The devicedesign is for supplying high-power LEDs (for example, OSRAM Dragon LA W57B) under the severeconditions of automotive applications, resulting in constant brightness and extended LED lifetime.The device comes in the DRJ (WSON) and KTT (TO-263) package. Protection circuits prevent damage tothe device in case of overload, short-circuit, reverse polarity, and overheat. The device providesthe connected LEDs protection against reverse polarity as well as excess voltages up to45 V.
The integrated PWM input of the TL4242-Q1 device permits LED brightness regulation bypulse-width modulation (PWM). The high-input impedance of the PWM input allows operating the LEDdriver as a protected high-side switch.