|Package | PIN:||HTSSOP (DAP) | 38|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- AEC-Q100 Qualified for Automotive Applications
- Device Temperature Grade 1: –40°C to 125°C,TA
- 16 Constant-Current-Sink Output Channels
- 50-mA MaximumOutput Current
- 8-V Maximum OutputVoltage
- Two Output Groups: OUTRn,OUTBn
- Output Current Adjustment
- 7-Bit Dot Correction (DC) for EachChannel
- 8-Bit Brightness Control (BC) for EachGroup
- Integrated PWM Grayscale Generator
- PWM Dimming for Each IndividualChannel
- Adjustable Global Grayscale Mode: 12-Bit, 10-Bit,8-Bit
- Protection and Diagnostics
- LED-Open Detection (LOD), LED-ShortDetection (LSD), Output Short-to-GND Detection (OSD)
- Adjacent-Pin Short (APS) Detection
- Pre-Thermal Warning (PTW), Thermal Shutdown (TSD)
- IREFResistor Open- (IOF) and Short-Detection (ISF) and -Protection
- Negate Bit Toggle for GCLK Error Detect and LOD_LSD Register ErrorCheck
- LOD_LSD CircuitSelf-Test
- Programmable Output Slew Rate
- Output Channel Group Delay
- Serial Data Interface
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TLC6C5716QDAPRQ1
There are automotive applications for indicators and for LCD local-dimming backlighting.For these applications, more persons think multi-channel constant-current LED drivers arenecessary. The requirement is to get the same intensity and color temperature of LEDs. Forsystem-level safety, it is necessary that the LED drivers can sense faults.
The TLC6C5716-Q1 device is an automotive 16-channel constant-current RGB LED driver thatcan do tests on the LEDs. The TLC6C5716-Q1 device supplies a maximum of 50-mA output current set byan external resistor. The device has a 7-bit dot correction with two ranges for each output. Thedevice also has an 8-bit intensity control for the outputs of each color group.
A 12-,10-, or 8-bit grayscale control adjusts the intensity of each output. The devicehas circuits that sense faults in the system, including LED faults, adjacent-pin short faults,reference-resistor faults, and more. A slew rate control has 2 positions for adjustment to get thelargest decrease in system noise. There is an interval between the changes of output level from oneLED group to a different one. This interval helps to decrease the starting electrical current. TheSDI and SDO pins let more than one device be connected in series for control through 1 serialinterface.