|Package | PIN:||SOIC (D) | 8|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- Dual 12-Bit Voltage Output DAC
- Programmable Internal Reference
- Programmable Settling Time:
- 1 µs in Fast Mode,
- 3.5 µs in Slow Mode
- Compatible With TMS320 and SPITM Serial Ports
- Differential Nonlinearity <0.5 LSB Typ
- Monotonic Over Temperature
- Digital Servo Control Loops
- Digital Offset and Gain Adjustment
- Industrial Process Control
- Machine and Motion Control Devices
- Mass Storage Devices
SPI, QSPI are trademarks of Motorola, Inc.
Microwire is a trademark of National Semiconductor Corporation.
Texas Instruments TLV5638ID
The TLV5638 is a dual 12-bit voltage output DAC with a flexible 3-wire serial interface. The serial interface allows glueless interface to TMS320 and SPITM, QSPITM, and MicrowireTM serial ports. It is programmed with a 16-bit serial string containing 4 control and 12 data bits.
The resistor string output voltage is buffered by a x2 gain rail-to-rail output buffer. The buffer features a Class AB output stage to improve stability and reduce settling time. The programmable settling time of the DAC allows the designer to optimize speed vs power dissipation. With its on-chip programmable precision voltage reference, the TLV5638 simplifies overall system design.
Because of its ability to source up to 1 mA, the reference can also be used as a system reference. Implemented with a CMOS process, the device is designed for single supply operation from 2.7 V to 5.5 V. It is available in an 8-pin SOIC package to reduce board space in standard commercial, industrial, and automotive temperature ranges. It is also available in JG and FK packages in the military temperature range.