- Three phase inverter baseboard with interface to accept DIMM100 controlCARDs
- XDS100v1 USB to JTAG emulation (with additional UART)
- 3-phase motor inverter stage rated for 1KW loads
- Two phase interleaved power factor correction stage rated to 750W (no software examples)
- 85-132 VAC / 170-250 VAC input
- Isolated CAN communications interface
- Isolated UART communications interface
- Isolated USB JTAG emulation
- Four PWM DACs for observation and debug of system variables through an oscilloscope
- Over-current protection for PFC stages and inverter stage via MCU PWM trip functionality
- Includes the following controlCARD
- Hardware Files are in controlSUITE at development_kits\TMDSHVMTRKIT5X_v1.0
- Free download of Code Composer Studio IDE
- Free download of controlSUITE for additional device drivers
- Includes full software source for all motor and control types, example projects, and hardware design files
- Library for latest software observer (eSMO) and high frequency injection initial position detection techniques are also available
- Install controlSUITE
- Launch controlSUITE and navigate the left-hand menu to Development Tools > Motor > Piccolo F2805x High Voltage Motor Control Developer’s Kit > Documentation > Quick Start Guide and follow the instructions in the guide.
- Use your own motors or recommended versions sold by TI
Texas Instruments TMDXHVMTRKIT5X
CAUTION: This equipment operates at high voltages and currents which can result in hazardous electrical shock. Please make sure you understand and follow all necessary safety precautions prior to purchasing and operating.
TMDXHVMTRKIT5X is a DIMM100 controlCARD based motherboard evaluation module. The High Voltage Motor Control and PFC Developer’s Kit provides a great reference platform to learn and experiment with digital control of high voltage motors with Texas Instruments’ C2000™ 32-bit microcontroller family. This kit is a superb, all-around motor inverter design tool, showcasing control of the most common types of high voltage, three phase motors—including AC induction (ACI), brushless DC (BLDC), and permanent magnet synchronous motors (PMSM). Digital motor control methods are demonstrated, including field oriented control (FOC) using sensorless back-EMF techniques. Users learn design and digital control of a full inverter design from AC input all the way through the motor drive stages and motor control.
To view all available motor control tools, visit the C2000 Tools and Software page