|Package | PIN:||WSON (DQF) | 8|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- ±1°C Accuracy for Local and Remote Diode Sensors
- 0.0625°C Resolution for Local and Remote Channels
- 1.7-V to 3.6-V Supply and Logic Voltage Range
- 27-µA Operating Current, 3-µA Shutdown Current
- Series Resistance Cancellation
- η-Factor and Offset Correction
- Programmable Digital Filter
- Diode Fault Detection
- Two-Wire and SMBus™ Serial Interface
- 8-Lead WSON (WDFN) Package
Texas Instruments TMP451AIDQFT
The TMP451 device is a high-accuracy, low-power remote temperature sensor monitor with a built-in local temperature sensor. The remote temperature sensors are typically low-cost discrete NPN or PNP transistors, or substrate thermal transistors or diodes that are integral parts of microprocessors, microcontrollers, or FPGAs. The temperature is represented as a 12-bit digital code for both the local and remote sensors, giving a resolution of 0.0625°C. The temperature accuracy is ±1°C (maximum) in the typical operating range for the local and the remote temperature sensors. The two-wire serial interface accepts the SMBus communication protocol.
Advanced features such as series resistance cancellation, programmable nonideality factor (η-factor), programmable offset, programmable temperature limits, and a programmable digital filter are combined to provide a robust thermal monitoring solution with improved accuracy and noise immunity.
The TMP451 device is ideal for high-accuracy temperature measurements in multiple locations and in a variety of automotive subsystems. The device is specified for operation over a supply voltage range of 1.7 V to 3.6 V and a temperature range of –40°C to 125°C.