|Package | Pins||WQFN (RUN) | 10|
|Operating temperature range (℃)||Q (-40 to 125)|
|Package qty | Carrier:||
3,000 | LARGE T&R
Custom reel may be available
|Lead finish / Ball material|
|MSL rating / Peak reflow|
|DPPM / MTBF / Fit rate||-|
|Ongoing reliability monitoring||-|
- Remote Diode Temperature Sensor Accuracy: ±0.75°C
- Local Temperature Sensor Accuracy: ±1°C
- Resolution for Local and Remote Channels: 0.0625°C
- Supply and Logic Voltage Range: 1.7 V to 3.6 V
- 35-µA Operating Current (1 SPS),
3-µA Shutdown Current
- Series Resistance Cancellation
- η-Factor and Offset Correction
- Programmable Digital Filter
- Diode Fault Detection
- Two-Wire and SMBus™ Serial Interface Compatible with Pin-Programmable Address
- 10-Lead WQFN Package
The TMP461 device is a high-accuracy, low-power remote temperature sensor monitor with a built-in local temperature sensor. The remote temperature sensors are typically low-cost discrete NPN or PNP transistors, or substrate thermal transistors or diodes that are integral parts of microprocessors, microcontrollers, or field-programmable gate arrays (FPGAs). Temperature is represented as a 12-bit digital code for both local and remote sensors, giving a resolution of 0.0625°C. The two-wire serial interface accepts the SMBus communication protocol with up to nine different pin-programmable addresses.
Advanced features [such as series resistance cancellation, programmable nonideality factor (η-factor), programmable offset, programmable temperature limits, and a programmable digital filter] are combined to provide a robust thermal monitoring solution with improved accuracy and noise immunity.
The TMP461 is ideal for multi-location, high-accuracy temperature measurements in a variety of communication, computing, instrumentation, and industrial applications. The device is specified for operation over a supply voltage range of 1.7 V to 3.6 V, and a temperature range of –40°C to 125°C.