- Filter-Free Class-D Architecture
- 1.7 W/Ch Into 8 ohm at 5 V (10% THD+N)
- 750 mW/Ch Into 8 ohm at 3.6 V (10% THD+N)
- Power Supply Range: 2.5 V to 5.5 V
- Flexible Operation With/Without I2C
- Programmable DRC/AGC Parameters
- Digital I2C Volume Control
- Selectable Gain from -28 dB to 30 dB in 1-dB Steps (when compression is used)
- Selectable Attack, Release and Hold Times
- 4 Selectable Compression Ratios
- Low Supply Current: 3.5mA
- Low Shutdown Current: 0.2
- High PSRR: 75 dB at 217 Hz
- Fast Start-up Time: 5 ms
- AGC Enable/Disable Function
- Limiter Enable/Disable Function
- Short-Circuit and Thermal Protection
- Space-Saving Package
- 2,2 mm X 2,2 mm Nano-Free WCSP (YZH)
Texas Instruments TPA2016D2EVM
The TPA2016D2 is a stereo, filter-free Class-D audio power amplifier with automatic gain control (AGC), dynamic range compression(DRC) and I2C digital volume control. The AGC and DRC functions enhance the perceived audio loudness, and at the same time prevent speaker damage from overdrive. TheTPA2016D2 has independent software shutdown control for each channel and a 30-step volume control. Availability in the WCSP package makes TPA2016D2 an ideal choice for both cellular handsets and PDAs.
The TPA2016D2 evaluation module (EVM) is a complete, stand-alone audio board. It contains the TPA2016D2 WCSP (YZH) Class-D audio power amplifier.
All components and the EVM are Pb free.