|Package | PIN:||HTSSOP (PWP) | 28|
|Temp:||I (-40 to 85)|
- 15-W/ch into an 8-Ω Loads at 10% THD+N From a 16-V Supply
- 10-W/ch into 8-Ω Loads at 10% THD+N From a 13-V Supply
- 30-W into a 4-Ω Mono Load at 10% THD+N From a 16-V Supply
- 90% Efficient Class-D Operation Eliminates Need for Heat Sinks
- Wide Supply Voltage Range Allows Operation From 8 V to 26 V
- Filter-Free Operation
- SpeakerGuard™ Speaker Protection Includes Adjustable Power Limiter Plus DC Protection
- Flow Through Pin Out Facilitates Easy Board Layout
- Robust Pin-to-Pin Short Circuit Protection and Thermal Protection With Auto Recovery Option
- Excellent THD+N / Pop-Free Performance
- Four Selectable, Fixed Gain Settings
- Differential Inputs
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPA3110D2PWPR
The TPA3110D2 is a 15-W (per channel) efficient, Class-D audio power amplifier fordriving bridged-tied stereo speakers. Advanced EMI Suppression Technology enables the use ofinexpensive ferrite bead filters at the outputs while meeting EMC requirements. SpeakerGuard™speaker protection circuitry includes an adjustable power limiter and a DC detection circuit. Theadjustable power limiter allows the user to set a "virtual" voltage rail lower than the chip supplyto limit the amount of current through the speaker. The DC detect circuit measures the frequencyand amplitude of the PWM signal and shuts off the output stage if the input capacitors are damagedor shorts exist on the inputs.
The TPA3110D2 can drive stereo speakers as low as 4 Ω. The high efficiency of theTPA3110D2, 90%, eliminates the need for an external heat sink when playing music.
The outputs are also fully protected against shorts to GND, VCC, and output-to-output.The short-circuit protection and thermal protection includes an auto-recovery feature.