- Digital Audio Format: 16-24 bit I²S, Right-Justified, Left-Justified
- I²C Bus Controlled
- Dual Serial Input Ports
- Delay Time: 85 ms/ch at fs = 48 kHz
- Delay Resolution: One Sample
- Delay Memory Cleared on Power-Up or After Delay Changes
- Eliminates Erroneous Data on Output
- 3.3 V Operation With 5 V Tolerant I/O and I²C Control
- Supports Audio Bit Clock Rates of 32 to 64 fs with fs = 32 kHz-192 kHz
- No External Crystal or Oscillator Required
- All Internal Clocks Generated From the Audio Clock
- Independent Clocks for Each Audio Input
- Surface Mount 4 mm × 4 mm, 16-pin QFN Package
- High Definition Lip-Sync Delay
- Flat Panel TV Lip-Sync Delay
- Home Theater Rear Channel Effects
- Wireless Speaker Front-Channel Synchronization
Texas Instruments TPA5051EVM
The TPA5051 evaluation module (EVM) consists of a single TPA5051 audio delay device, along with other external components mounted on a printed-circuit board (PCB) that can be used to independently delay two digital audio streams. Each digital audio stream consists of a left and right channel, both of which can be delayed up to 4095 samples (with a 48 kHz sampling rate, that equates to more than 85 ms of delay).
The TPA5051EVM is designed to work seamlessly with the TI Input USB board, but can function as a stand-alone board for pass-through testing in any system. All that is required is an I²S audio source, an I²C controller, and a 5 V supply.
The TPA5051EVM also includes an onboard digital-to-analog controller (DAC), the PCM1606, which can convert I²S or left-justified data to an analog out. The analog out is filtered on the board and can be viewed with a scope probe.