|Package | PIN:||DSBGA (YFP) | 20|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- Wide Operating Range: 2.8 V to 22 V
- Absolute Maximum Input Voltage of 24 V
- Low RON Resistance:
- TPS2120: 62 mΩ (Typical)
- TPS2121: 56 mΩ (Typical)
- Adjustable Overvoltage Supervisor (OVx):
- Accuracy < ±5%
- Adjustable Priority Supervisor (PR1):
- Accuracy < ±5%
- TPS2121 Supports External Voltage Reference (CP2) with an Accuracy of <1%
- Output Current Limit (ILM):
- TPS2120: 1 A – 3 A
- TPS2121: 1 A – 4.5 A
- Channel Status Indication (ST)
- Adjustable Input Settling Time (SS)
- Adjustable Output Soft Start Time (SS)
- TPS2121 Fast Output Switchover (tSW): 5 µs (Typical)
- Low Iq from Enabled Input: 200 µA (Typical)
- Low Iq from Disabled Input: 10 µA (Typical)
- Manual Input Source Selection (OVx)
- Over Temperature Protection (OTP)
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Texas Instruments TPS2120YFPR
The TPS212x devices are Dual-Input, Single-Output (DISO) Power Multiplexer (MUX) that arewell suited for a variety of systems having multiple power sources. The devices will AutomaticallyDetect, Select, and Seamlessly Transition between available inputs.
Priority can be automatically given to the highest input voltage or manually assigned toa lower voltage input to support both ORing and Source Selection operations. A priority voltagesupervisor is used to select an input source.
An Ideal Diode operation is used to seamlessly transition between input sources. Duringswitchover, the voltage drop is controlled to block reverse current before it happens and provideuninterrupted power to the load with minimal hold-up capacitance.
Current limiting is used during startup and switchover to protect against overcurrentevents, and also protects the device during normal operation. The output current limit can beadjusted with a single external resistor.
The TPS212x devices are available in WCSP and small VQFN-HR package optionscharacterized for operation for a temperature range of –40°C to 125°C.