|Package | Pins||SSOP (DB) | 30|
|Operating temperature range (℃)||I (-40 to 85)|
|Package qty | Carrier:||
50 | TUBE
- Fully Integrated xVCC and xVPP Switching
- xVPP Programmed Independent of xVCC
- 3.3-V, 5-V, and/or 12-V Power Distribution
- Low rDS(on) (60-m xVCC Switch Typical)
- Short Circuit and Thermal Protection
- 150-uA (Maximum) Quiescent Current
- Standby Mode: 50-mA Current Limit (Typ)
- 12-V Supply Can Be Disabled
- 3.3-V Low-Voltage Mode
- Meets PC CardTM Standards
- TTL-Logic Compatible Inputs
- Available in 30-Pin SSOP (DB) and 32-Pin TSSOP (DAP) Packages
- Break-Before-Make Switching
- Internal Power-On Reset
PC Card is a trademark of PCMCIA (Personal Computer Memory Card International Association).
PowerPAD is a trademark of Texas Instruments Incorporated.
The TPS2216 PC Card power-interface switch provides an integrated power-management solution for two PC Cards. All of the discrete power MOSFETs, a logic section, current limiting, and thermal protection for PC Card control are combined on a single integrated circuit. This device allows the distribution of 3.3-V, 5-V, and/or 12-V power to the card. The current-limiting feature eliminates the need for fuses. Current-limit reporting can help the user isolate a system fault.
The TPS2216 features a 3.3-V low-voltage mode that allows for 3.3-V switching without the need for 5-V power. This feature facilitates low-power system designs such as sleep modes where only 3.3 V is available. This device also has the ability to program the xVPP outputs independent of the xVCC outputs. A standby mode that changes all output-current limits to 50 mA (typical) has been incorporated.
End-equipment applications for the TPS2216 include: notebook computers, desktop computers, personal digital assistants (PDAs), digital cameras, and bar-code scanners.
The TPS2216 is backward-compatible with the TPS2202A and TPS2206.