|Package | PIN:||WQFN (RTE) | 16|
|Temp:||Q (-40 to 125)|
- D+/D– CDP/DCP Modes per USB Battery Charging Specification 1.2
- D+/D– Shorted Mode per Chinese Telecommunication Industry Standard YD/T 1591-2009
- Supports non-BC1.2 Charging Modes by Automatic Selection
- D+/D– Divider Modes 2 V / 2.7 V and 2.7 V / 2 V
- Supports Sleep-Mode Charging and Mouse/Keyboard (Low-Speed Only) Wake Up
- Load Detection for Both Power Supply Control in S4/S5 Charging and Port Power Management in all Charge Modes
- Compatible with USB 2.0 and 3.0 Power Switch Requirements
- Integrated 73-mΩ (Typical) High-Side MOSFET
- Adjustable Current-Limit up to 3 A (Typical)
- Operating Range: 4.5 V to 5.5 V
- Drop-In Compatible with TPS2540/40A
- Max Device Current:
- 2 µA When Device Disabled
- 260 µA When Device Enabled
- Available in 16-Pin QFN (3 × 3) Package
- UL Listed and CB File No. E169910
Texas Instruments TPS2543RTET
The TPS2543 is a USB charging port controller and power switch with an integrated USB 2.0 high-speed data line (D+/D–) switch. TPS2543 provides the electrical signatures on D+/D– lines to support charging schemes listed under device feature section. TI tests charging of popular mobile phones, tablets and media devices with the TPS2543 to ensure compatibility with both BC1.2 compliant and non-BC1.2 compliant devices.
In addition to charging popular devices, the TPS2543 also supports two distinct power management features, namely, power wake and port power management (PPM) via the STATUS pin. Power wake allows for power supply control in S4/S5 charging and PPM the ability to manage port power in a multi-port applications. Additionally, system wake up (from S3) with a mouse/keyboard (low speed only) is also supported in the TPS2543.
The TPS2543 73-mΩ power-distribution switch is intended for applications where heavy capacitive loads and short-circuits are likely to be encountered. Two programmable current thresholds provide flexibility for setting current limits and load detect thresholds.