- TPS25740B Built in IEC 61000-4-2 ESD Protection on CC1 and CC2 pins
- State-machine implementation requires no firmware
- Variable output voltage of 5V, 9V, 15V and 20V depending on request. Can also support 5V, 9V, 12V and 15V requests
- Up to 5A output current with captive cable attached. Default is 3A
- Smooth transitions compatible with USB PD specification between all requested voltages
The TPS25740B evaluation module TPS25740BEVM-741 contains evaluation and reference circuitry for the TPS25740B, which is a dedicated USB PD type C downstream facing port (DFP) controller. TPS25740B rely on an upstream converter to output 5V, 9V, 15V, and 20V (TPS25740). This EVMs uses an LM5175 based buck boost converter as the power supply for TPS25740B. The TPS25740B portion of the circuit will be very similar in an adapter application where an AC/DC input power stage is used.