- Built in IEC 61000-4-2 Protection on CC1 and CC2 pins
- Type C PD communication protocol via CC1 and CC2 pins
- Variable output voltage of 5V, 12V, and 20V depending on request
- Up to 5A output current for all voltage levels. Default is 3A
- Smooth transitions between 5V, 12V, and 20V that are compatible with USB PD specification
Texas Instruments TPS25740EVM-741
The TPS25740 evaluation module (TPS25740EVM-741) contains evaluation and reference circuitry for the TPS25740, which is a dedicated USB PD type C downstream facing port (DFP) controller. TPS25740 relies on an upstream converter to output 5V, 12V, and 20V. This EVM uses an LM5175 based buck boost converter as the power supply for TPS25740. The TPS25740 portion of the circuit will be very similar in an adapter application where an AC/DC input power stage is used.